The Hayloft is warm, cosy and full of character, ensuring guests immediately feel at home. It has a coveted 2017 VisitEngland Gold Award for quality and cleanliness of accommodation.
A Walk Around The Hayloft
Dining Kitchen & Conservatory
Enter through a stone porch (with coat hooks and benches) into the open-plan ‘farmhouse-style’ kitchen and dining area. The hand-crafted oak kitchen features black granite worktops, a Belfast sink, hand-woven vegetable baskets, and matching oak tall larder cupboards which blend seamlessly with an oak dining table and 6 chairs. This ‘hub’ is tastefully decorated with an antique fireplace, a floor of local green slate, oak beams and local memorabilia. The ‘Cook’s Kitchen’ is comprehensively equipped and includes high quality appliances:
- Electric fan oven
- Induction hob
- Microwave oven
A toughened-glass door leads into the hardwood conservatory, an all-year lounge area with central heating and slate roof. It features a leather sofa, John Lewis Snuggle Sofa, TV/DVD and has French doors opening onto the pretty garden.
Ascend the locally-crafted oak and iron staircase into the stunning upstairs lounge. This galleried room features oak beams, exposed stonework and window seats to take in the views of Morecambe Bay. It is furnished with 2 high-quality sofas (one is a small sofa bed), table lamps and local paintings, and is extra cosy thanks to a gas fire set in a hand-crafted stone and oak fireplace.
- Flat screen SMART TV
- DVD Player
- 3ft 6″ Sofa bed
- Window seats
- Gas Fire
The intimate ground-floor Master Bedroom features a lovely antique Victorian double bed, with original features, beams and window seat overlooking the garden.
The upstairs Double Bedroom is light and tranquil, with a 4ft 6″ divan bed, whilst the Twin Bedroom offers 3ft divan beds with deep mattresses; both rooms have window seats, Sanderson curtains and cushions.
- Sleeps 7; 2 doubles & 1 twin (Sofa Bed)
- High quality Pocket-sprung mattresses, with luxury duvets, pillows & Egyptian Cotton Linen
- Pine wardrobes with hangars, dressing table & bedside tables
- Mirrors, hair-dryers & alarm clocks
- White suites with quality fittings
- Shelves, mirror & shaver point
- Large bath sheet & hand towel per person
- Heated towel rails & luxury mats
- NEW Gas Combi-boiler for constant hot water
Games & Laundry Rooms
A converted limestone stable contains the Games Room and Laundry Room. The Games Room features full-size table tennis table, table football and darts. There is a Drinks Fridge and Chest Freezer.
- Table tennis, table football & darts
- Drinks Fridge
- Chest Freezer
The Laundry Room offers a Bosch washing machine, tumble dryer and old ceramic trough, ideal for washing dogs. There is lots of storage for bikes and roof boxes etc..
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Ceramic trough for dogs
- Extensive storage
Garden & Outdoor Living
- The pretty enclosed garden has lots of features including a lion’s head fountain, pergola, stone seats, borders and a small lawn. There is a black iron entrance gate and the parking area is paved with setts for character. For outside dining, there is a teak table with 6 armchairs and comfortable cushions, and 2 relaxer chairs. A BBQ is provided.
- Decorative Garden Features
- Borders, shrubs and trees
- Dining area with teak furniture & BBQ